Putting the Art in Steam
A round Table with Steam Art Professionals followed by workshops to bring Steam into the classroom.
2018 AEN State Conference will be held at St Marys Art Center in Virginia City,
October 19, 20, and 21st
Guest Speakers & Presenters
Mike Hagen - Google Engineer and artist. When Mike isnt working behind the scenes so making behind the scenes "not even a thought" he applies his skills and knowledge of technology to make art.
Workshop - Seeing what those CTE guys should be making art with, a trip to a CTE classroom.
Ken Spiering- 50 years as a well known Artist from Pacific Northwest, Large scale public sculptures "Childhood Express" and "Dance of Redband"
Workshop - 50 years of figuring out how to use twist technology and stuff into art.
Carl Beyer-26 years Producing feature length animations such as PARANORMAN, Diary of a Whimpy Kid, Fx effects for Star Trek, Resident Evil and Hellboy . Carl has produced or Co-Produced a wide variety of projects around the world. His work includes features, concert films, reality television, and on formats such as Imax, Circle Vision, HFS, and stop motion. Carl has also produced over 150 national and international commercials.
Workshop - Video production is as close as students phones. Produced by Carl and presented by Edward Durand (2016 Art teacher of year)
Denise Miller - 25 artistic years as Fine Artist, Commercial artist and Art Director. Porche, Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee, Toyota, Intel,.... .........
Workshop - Story boarding and how it plays a role in Commercial Art and making technology happen
Suellen Turman- Making and teaching art
Workshop - MonoPrinting
Cindy Allen - 28+ years making and teaching Art , Nevada 2017 Art teacher of Year
Pilar Billar - 18 years teaching Art, 2018 Nevada Teacher of Year
Workshop - Yes! You can teach Creativity. Techniques and tips for teaching creativity.
- Promote art education through professional development, service, advancement of knowledge, and leadership. AEN is a non-profit educational organization.
- Increase awareness of the association among art teachers through improved communication.
- Establish and maintain an interactive support system for art teachers.
- Initiate and participate in state art curriculum development.
- Participate in NAEA awards recognition for Nevada Art Educator of the Year, as well as statewide recognition of art educators by the association.
If you have any questions please send an email to Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org